Thursday 13 April 2017

Etsy Jungle for my music corner

Music corner, Etsy, urban jungle, plants, vintage, home decor, handmade, sustainable decor

Do you have a trick how to unwind at home after a long day? My go-to solution is good music. With music everything is easier. Music perfectly accentuates your emotions – from upbeat tunes to mellow sounds. I love to play music when I get home either to relax or to dance off some surplus engery. Bear with me, I will share a mini playlist with you at the end of this post. But before I get there let’s talk about a little music corner at home. I have a tiny music corner that needed an update. For that, I teamed up with Etsy Germany and created my little urban jungle music corner (for the record: If you need more urban jungle product inspiration, check out the green faves by Etsy Germany).

Music corner, Etsy, urban jungle, plants, vintage, home decor, handmade, sustainable decor

Music corner, Etsy, urban jungle, plants, vintage, home decor, handmade, sustainable decor

I think that music and plants are a magical combination. To pimp up my little music corner I set off on a little Etsy research. Why Etsy? Because I like thrifted pieces, handmade pieces, unusual things for the home. Moreover, I like to shop things that get a second life – something that feels more sustainable than off the rack shopping. Enough said, let’s see what I found!

Music corner, Etsy, urban jungle, plants, vintage, home decor, handmade, sustainable decor

Music corner, Etsy, urban jungle, plants, vintage, home decor, handmade, sustainable decor

Music corner, Etsy, urban jungle, plants, vintage, home decor, handmade, sustainable decor

I love all the little surprises you find on Etsy when searching! One of my absolute favorite discoveries is the Etsy shop ‘Pottery made by Iona’. I mean yes, I love pottery. But this was such a surprise – please meet the ‘Thumb tribe’ with airplants! I was head over heels for those cuties when I spotted them. Also I had a hard time to pick two as I like them all. But well, I finally chose two and one beautiful bowl on top of it. Aren’t they just perfect for my little jungle music corner?

Music corner, Etsy, urban jungle, plants, vintage, home decor, handmade, sustainable decor

Music corner, Etsy, urban jungle, plants, vintage, home decor, handmade, sustainable decor

Music corner, Etsy, urban jungle, plants, vintage, home decor, handmade, sustainable decor

I also needed a new solution to hold my record player. Until now it was placed on top of a basket full of magazines. The basekt was sitting on a chair too. A bit chaotic, I admit. Hence I was on the look out for a small and lovely vintage table. I wanted something small and ideally foldable – it is so practical when you live in a small apartment. I found a great solution in the Berlin based Etsy shop ‘Moovi Vintage’. I like the sleek and simple look of this vintage table from the 1960s with a golden rim. And it has a perfect size for my record player. On the other hand, the Etsy shop is packed with other vintage goodies. It was hard to control myself. Ha!

Music corner, Etsy, urban jungle, plants, vintage, home decor, handmade, sustainable decor

Music corner, Etsy, urban jungle, plants, vintage, home decor, handmade, sustainable decor

For the jungle look I moved some of my other plants closer to record player. But I also needed something for the wall. Plants, music, and then something that is a reference to my origins and my other likings. I opted for a vintage map of the Balkans. My family stems from the Balkans, plus I lived in Greece, and I like everything vintage. So this was a good solution. I looked for a while and found a nice map in the UK based Etsy shop ‘Old Books Maps Prints’. It’s a French map and showcases historic borders in Europe’s southeast.

Music corner, Etsy, urban jungle, plants, vintage, home decor, handmade, sustainable decor

Music corner, Etsy, urban jungle, plants, vintage, home decor, handmade, sustainable decor

Plants, music, vintage items – what’s not to love about that combination. Ok I am biased. The only thing I had to do at the end: Get my vintage vinyl records and play some funky music! If you feel like you could spice up your urban jungle at home, why not joining the Etsy Germany giveaway on Instagram? Post a pic of your urban jungle at home, tag @etsyde and use the hashtag #etsyjungle to win a 100€ shopping voucher until April 30, 2017. Good luck!

Oh and before I forget it, here is a mini playlist from me:

To chill out: Remember the Rain / Kadhja Bonet

To make it happen: Make it happen / Mariah Carey

To water your plants: Gardening at Night / REM

To contemplate life: Higher Ground / UB40

To travel to Greece in your mind: Tou paradeisou lemonia / Pantelis Thalassinos

This blogpost is created in collaboration with Etsy Germany. As always all opinions and photos are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands who support this blog!

Photography by Igor Josifovic

The post Etsy Jungle for my music corner appeared first on Happy Interior Blog.



from Happy Interior Blog https://happyinteriorblog.com/etsy-jungle-music-corner/

No comments:

Post a Comment