Tuesday 23 January 2018

New Home: Living Room Part 1

Sitzfeldt, leather sofa, living room, new apartment, interior design, interior styling, interior blogger

Sitzfeldt, leather sofa, living room, new apartment, interior design, interior styling, interior blogger

As an interiors blogger I almost feel ashamed for not covering my new home so far. After all I’ve been living in my new apartment for two months now but things take time. It took time to move, to unpack, to design a new kitchen. But one thing I can tell you: Things are coming together nicely. And after nearly two months I truly feel at home in my new place. So maybe it is time to start a little home tour. Since there is lots to show and tell, I will do it in various posts. Today let me kick off with one corner of my living room. All eyes on my new leather sofa from Sitzfeldt. Something I really dreamed about for a long time.

Sitzfeldt, leather sofa, living room, new apartment, interior design, interior styling, interior blogger

Sitzfeldt, leather sofa, living room, new apartment, interior design, interior styling, interior blogger

Some of you might remember my old sofa in the small rooftop apartment. It was a nice mid-century inspired grey sofa. But for a long time I’ve flirted with the idea of having a tan leather sofa. But the space was too limited in my old place. Now in my bigger apartment it was time to make that little dream come true! When Sitzfeldt approached me for a collaboration, I had no idea what to do. And then I found a new apartment. And then I flirted with Tom. Not what you are thinking! Tom is actually the name of my new leather sofa from Sitzfeldt!

Sitzfeldt, leather sofa, living room, new apartment, interior design, interior styling, interior blogger

Sitzfeldt, leather sofa, living room, new apartment, interior design, interior styling, interior blogger

So Tom and I, yes we live happily together. The sofa is very classical but has also some refined details that I loved from the first moment. The size is very comfortable and great for lounging and I love the base. You can customize the sofas at Sitzfeldt, so for my Tom Sofa I opted for the ‘Pur’ line of aniline leather in a tan tone and a walnut wooden frame base. I think that combination is a winner for my personal interior style, don’t you agree?

Sitzfeldt, leather sofa, living room, new apartment, interior design, interior styling, interior blogger

Sitzfeldt, leather sofa, living room, new apartment, interior design, interior styling, interior blogger

What is important to know when it comes to leather, is its quality and provenance. At Sitzfeldt they pay due attention to high quality leather with respect to the animals, the environment, and customer satisfaction. They receive their leather exclusively from one tannery in Germany. They received as the first tannery worldwide the Blue Angel Certification, a German certificate for environmentally friendly products. And trust me, Germans are very strict with their certificates! If you are not a fan of leather, do not fret. As the Tom sofa – as well as all other models – come in various upholstery options.

Sitzfeldt, leather sofa, living room, new apartment, interior design, interior styling, interior blogger

I am really happy with the look and feel of my sofa. Also in combiantion with the simple throw cusions in jewel tones and a mix of linen and velvet is just working for me. The next open task is the wall above the sofa. I am thinking of doing something there too. If you have any suggestions, let me know in the comments. It could be all from art, to shelves, to plants to whatever! I am still pondering! Up to then, I will sit on the sofa and think. I will keep you posted!

This blog post has been brought to you in collaboration with Sitzfeldt. As always all opinions and photos are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands who support this blog!

Photography by Igor Josifovic

The post New Home: Living Room Part 1 appeared first on Happy Interior Blog.



from Happy Interior Blog https://happyinteriorblog.com/new-home-living-room-part-1/

No comments:

Post a Comment