Wednesday 19 December 2018

How to Style a Holiday Table – Plaid

I recently set a holiday lunch table out in my garden in partnership with Hunker Homes. Have you ever wondered how to style a great holiday table when entertaining guests? I live in Southern California so it doesn’t exactly look like the holiday season for those in the East Coast or in colder places, but since it’s so nice outside, I had to take advantage of the weather outside during the holidays.

It was warm outside (around 53), but I still had heat lamps just in case. Here’s how I style a holiday table using a traditional plaid.

How to Style a Holiday Table With Plaid and Blue

I used a metal table with clear chairs for my outdoor holiday table. I have these rattan chairs as the headers to my table that I found in the flea market and painted white. A great way to add something different to your holiday table is to mismatch chairs, especially at the ends of the table.

I chose to add bows to the back of my rattan chairs. I love the way the red and gold look against the white.

So typically I don’t do completely traditional holiday decor, but since it was feeling like spring outside, I decided to go a little more spot-on. I started with red plaid squares and laid them down in a diamond shape to create a runner of sorts. This was the base for the entire table. I also added holiday decor on top the plaid to add some extra spirit to the tablescape.

More Styling Tips

I have a secret stash of greens in the back of my yard that I get from the flower mart for about 7 to 10 dollars a bunch and then I keep them in buckets of water. They last 4 or 5 weeks and are perfect to make really pretty arrangements for different parties that I throw during the holiday season.

I picked this plate selection of off-white plates with the beading around the edge and the blue plates in large and small that I think really pick up the light green in the napkins really nicely.

From above, you can see how well the off-white and blue play off the plaid.

I also have a stash of napkin rings (I entertain a lot so I use them regularly) but on this occasion, I chose some holiday festive bell napkin rings that look great against the red.

Here, I made a great flower arrangement for my holiday table. I just love the color of this arrangement for my table. The red, green and blue tablescape with the glasses. Here is a close-up of the finished set for one guest.

I just love the symmetry of this tabletop. I think the plaid and the flower arrangement really complete this tablescape.

And this table was ready for a great holiday get-together. Tell me what you think of my California-style holiday tabletop below.

 

The post How to Style a Holiday Table – Plaid appeared first on COCOCOZY.



from COCOCOZY http://cococozy.com/how-to-style-a-holiday-table-plaid/

No comments:

Post a Comment