Monday 21 November 2016

About appreciation & gratitude

Appreciation, Gratitude, interior, interior styling, happy home, creating a personal home, happiness, Happy Interior Blog

The past weekend was wonderful: I had a full weekend at my happy home in Munich. No plans. No obligations. Since such a weekend is rather rare for me, I like to fully enjoy it. And by that I mean spending quality time. But the past weekend was not only about spending it well with plant care, reading, going to the museum, cooking. It was also about reflecting and thinking of all the good things that happen. My weekend was about appreciation and gratitude.

Appreciation, Gratitude, interior, interior styling, happy home, creating a personal home, happiness, Happy Interior Blog

Appreciation, Gratitude, interior, interior styling, happy home, creating a personal home, happiness, Happy Interior Blog

Just a little thought a priori: Appreciation and gratitude should be on our minds every day. Literally. Maybe I am getting sentimental as we are approaching the end of the year. But I truly think that a positive attitude based on appreciation and gratitude enhances your life. And who knows, maybe it enhances our world too. Sometimes I meet people who seem to have a negative stance as a default setting. I honestly don’t understand those people. I mean how can you ever be happy if everything is first and foremost negative? But I digress. I am here to talk about my notion of appreciation and gratitude. Not to judge other people.

Appreciation, Gratitude, interior, interior styling, happy home, creating a personal home, happiness, Happy Interior Blog

Appreciation, Gratitude, interior, interior styling, happy home, creating a personal home, happiness, Happy Interior Blog

Looking back at a pretty busy year I was sort of rounding up impressions in my mind over a cup of coffee. And I had a smile on my face. Cause I felt happy and content about so many things that happened. I felt happy about the people who accompanied me over the course of the year. I felt happy for all the positive vibes I surrounded myself with. I also realized that this is often a result of hard work and your personal choices. You decide how happy your life is going to be. Eventually you decide how happy you will be.

Appreciation, Gratitude, interior, interior styling, happy home, creating a personal home, happiness, Happy Interior Blog

Appreciation, Gratitude, interior, interior styling, happy home, creating a personal home, happiness, Happy Interior Blog

Real happiness can only kick in if you appreciate it. And if you are grateful for it. With appreciation and gratitude I think we are sharing our happiness with others. And this is where magic happens. You know when one flame sparks another one. And so on. But before I get all too esotheric here, let’s make the turn and connect the dots between happiness and your home. My weekend without plans was ideal to connect those dots:-)

Appreciation, Gratitude, interior, interior styling, happy home, creating a personal home, happiness, Happy Interior Blog

Appreciation, Gratitude, interior, interior styling, happy home, creating a personal home, happiness, Happy Interior Blog

My home makes me happy. And I appreciate every single item and I am grateful for the safe and good life I live here. I strongly believe in the power of a happy home. One that will do many favors to you: It will make you smile. It’ll comfort you, embrace you, hide and protect you. It will tell your story and it will reflect your personality. My mission here on Happy Interior Blog has always been to encourage you to create your own personal and happy home. To uplift you and convince you that your home is not merely a place but it is your palace. The home is one of the engines to create happiness. Make use of it! But above all appreciate what you have and be grateful for it. Life is so much better if you are happy!

Photography by Igor Josifovic

 

The post About appreciation & gratitude appeared first on Happy Interior Blog.



from Happy Interior Blog https://happyinteriorblog.com/2016/11/appreciation-gratitude-happy-home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment