Wednesday 28 June 2017

Incurable Love Affair: Ceramics

ceramics, ceramics love, handmade, pottery, vintage ceramics

I can’t help it: I am deeply in love with ceramics. The more raw they look, the more handmade, and inspired by ancient shapes, the more I love them. Frankly I have too many ceramics pieces already at home. Most of my ceramics are vintage finds. Yet I can not stop buying new pieces when I discover them. However, I can proudly say that none of these pieces in today’s blog post is in my home. Yet I would buy each and every piece in an instant!

ceramics, ceramics love, handmade, pottery, vintage ceramics

These pieces have all a very ancient look. They could actually come from excavation sites. To me, they evoke a feeling of empires long past and forsaken cultures. My archaeology loving heart skips a beat! 1. Takashi Sogo via Etsy. 2. Source unknown via Pinterest. 3. Skoby Ceramics via Etsy. 4. Bruno Gambone vases via Invaluable.

ceramics, ceramics love, handmade, pottery, vintage ceramics

As an Urban Jungle Blogger I would love to have a balcony or even a garden where I could grow even more plants and maybe some veggies and fruits. And I’d be gladly watering them with this fantastic ceramics piece poetically called ‘La Chantepleure’. This kind of watering devices date back to medieval times. Image by Jonathan Frantini via Le Monde.

ceramics, ceramics love, handmade, pottery, vintage ceramics

Speaking of my plant obsession: How about these cute trinket bowls? 5. DIY trinket bowls via Lia Griffith. 6. Liquorice Moon Studio via Etsy.

ceramics, ceramics love, handmade, pottery, vintage ceramics

I am equally smitten by these beautiful Silvia K ceramics plates photographed by Emma Gutteridge.

ceramics, ceramics love, handmade, pottery, vintage ceramics

There we go with even more ancient looking ceramics. Pre-historic shapes and raw surfaces are absolutely trending I think. These pieces are by Japanese artist Yoko Komae found via OEN.

ceramics, ceramics love, handmade, pottery, vintage ceramics

Last but not least I love to sip my coffee out of beautiful handmade mugs. This double striped angle mug by ceramicist Jeremy Ayers is a winner! I would love to have it! Found it via Mociun. If you want more inspiration and ideas about ceramics that I love check out my ceramics Pinterest board. And now I have to clean off the dust of my ceramics collection. Ha!

Top photography and styling by Janneke Luursema for House of C

MerkenMerkenMerkenMerken

MerkenMerken

MerkenMerkenMerkenMerken

The post Incurable Love Affair: Ceramics appeared first on Happy Interior Blog.



from Happy Interior Blog https://happyinteriorblog.com/incurable-love-affair-ceramics/

No comments:

Post a Comment